Saturday, June 23, 2012

Children's Place Monster Sale

Recently I said in a post that I never buy clothes for full price, or even for sale price only, because I only buy clothes where I can use coupons.  Today, the hubs gave me an hour of mommy time and I spent it checking out The Children's Place at our local mall.  Right now, they have their semi-annual Monster Sale going on.  That's 50% off already reduced merchandise and many other special prices throughout the store. I needed shoes for school and underwear for my oldest. Here's what I found:


 Brown lace up boot/loafer looking shoes.  Original price $22.95, marked down to $18.99. 50% off already reduced merchandise, plus 20% off coupon, for a sale price of $7.99




I didn't do AS well on the underwear, it is regular $6.95/3 pack.  It was on sale for $5.99 and with the 20% off coupon each pack rang up $4.81, for a total of $9.62/6 pairs. It's 11.99 for a 7 pack at Target, so I guess I did okay.

Now the only problem with this is I couldn't STOP once I got in there.  I have a very cute 6.5 year old niece that LOOOOOVES her some Justin Beiber. And even though they only had a L (she wears a M), I couldn't pass this up:


Originally priced $14.95, marked down to $5.99.  50% off already reduced merchandise, plus 20% off coupon for a final price of $2.39. She'll love sleeping in it or even wearing it with leggings :)


And the baby clothes, oh my goodness.  They didn't have anything I couldn't live without for T, but I have an 8 month old niece:



Total original cost of outfit: $36.95. Each piece was marked down to $5.99 so when you add the 50% off and the 20% off coupon, I got the whole outfit for $7.17.  I bought it a size up and am putting it back for her birthday, but I also found this for right now:




Dress and bloomers, regular $24.95. Marked down to $11.99. With 50% off and 20% off coupon, I paid $4.81.


Had I bought everything for the marked price, I would have spent $113.70 before tax.  Buying on clearance and sale, with my coupon, I paid $31.94 before tax. I saved $81.76 off the retail prices!


Granted there is no reason to ever pay ticketed price at The Children's Place, as they are very good about alternating their sales and they ALWAYS have coupons. But the Monster Sale is my favorite, at least until they put their jeans on sale in the next couple of weeks! 


My mom shopped this sale earlier this week to get RJ some school clothes - while he doesn't have to wear a uniform until Kindergarten, I thought it would be nice and easy to buy him some interchangeable polos and easy on/off pants to be his "school uniform" for this year.  My mom bought 3 pairs of pants, each regular price $14.95, and 3 polo shirts, which would have been $32.50 for all 3. Total bill would have been $77.35 for all of it, but the pants were on sale for $9.99 each and the polos were on sale for $4.99 each. With the 20% off coupon I gave her, she paid $7.99 for each pair of pants and $3.99 for each shirt. Total price before tax: $35.94.


This is why I never ever buy clothes without coupons! Tell me your favorite places to buy clothes for yourself or your kiddos! Do you use coupons?