Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday morning coffee rambling

I love shopping at Target. Thought I would say so just in case you are new to my blog. I love shopping there because I get 5% off with my Target debit card. I get an additional 5% off for every 5 prescriptions I fill. My main reason though is that you can coupon stack. Target has store coupons that you can use in conjunction with manufacturer coupons.

What made me think of this today is sitting here sipping my coffee. Last month target.com/coupons had a $5/2 bags of Starbucks coffee. I also had two manufacturer coupons for $1.50 /1. A bag of Starbucks is $7.98 at Target, I paid $7.96 for two bags. Well, whatever 5% off of $7.96 is actually. But it doesn't stop there because I noticed today on one of the bags that Starbucks will give you a free tall brewed coffee if you bring the bag back. So down the line I am going so save roughly another $4 - although technically it's not $4 I was likely to spend, I still love getting something for free :)

I decided about a month and a half ago to start writing down my total before coupons at Target, and then writing down the total after coupons and my 5% off. I am happy to report that I have saved $99 since I started! I made my first purchase with that money on Friday, I ordered new cell phone to replace my crapberry. I hate the blackberry (hence the nickname) and I don't really need 3G, so I am ditching the data plan and cutting our phone bill by at least $30 a month. 

The only thing that would be better is if our Target added a real grocery department with produce. Maybe someday. I sure hate going to HEB, they give me a hard time about my coupons I print online :-P oh well, maybe someday!

Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. That is great that you were able to save enough from coupons to get you a new cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Target near here is supposed to be adding a produce section soon. Yay! I also love vising Target's Sample Spot on their website for awesome freebies like their beauty bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a small produce section at our target, and there are always some really great deals there.
    I love saving by using coupons and "never leave home without them!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really shop at Target, but I love to go in there and browse. I'm sure we'd go there more often to shop if we had a guaranteed 5% off of each purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their debit card is free, and pulls from your bank account just like your regular debit card. So if you have a bank account you can easily get 5% off of every purchase :)

      Delete
  5. I had no clue they had a debit card! Our nearest Target does not have produce so unless there is a really good buy I don't go!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts here!